Pàgines

dijous, 12 de juny del 2008

DON'T GIVE UP. Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush

Hi ha moltes cançons que exalten l’amistat com un veritable compromís. Estic pensant en temes com el ‘Lean on me’ de Bill Withers: "Please swallow your pride, if have things you need to borrow. For no one can fill those needs that you won't let show". ‘You’ve got a friend’, de James Taylor: "You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running to see you again. Winter, spring, summer or fall. All you got to do is call. And I'll be there, Yes I will. You've got a friend". O també ‘I’ll be your shelter’ de The Housemartins: "In times when you're troubled, seems more than you can affoard. And you feel, you feel you need a friend, someone to share the load". En fi, que evidentment n’hi ha un bon grapat que parlen del tema. Totes amb paraules que qualsevol de nosaltres subscriuria sense parpellejar. O sí? És a dir, diem les coses per dir-les, per quedar bé, per enganyar-nos i autocomplaure’ns? És un acte d’automatisme buit, dir allò que se suposa que toca dir, i després. Oblidar-ho als cinc segons. O realment seríem capaços de passar als fets i fer per un amic tot el que ens demanés, o inclús el que no s’atrevís a demanar-nos? Qui més, qui menys, tothom hem tingut alguna experiència. Oferim la nostra ajuda quan un amic crida? Ens oferim perquè sabem que en el fons ens rebutjaran? De vegades sobre orgull i falta honestedat.


In this proud land we grew up strong, we were wanted all along. I was taught to fight, taught to win. I never thought I could fail. No fight left or so it seems. I am a man whose dreams have all deserted. I've changed my face, I've changed my name but no one wants you when you lose. Don't give up, 'cos you have friends. Don't give, up you're not beaten yet. Don't give up, I know you can make it good.
Though I saw it all around, never thought I could be affected. Thought that we'd be the last to go. It is so strange the way things turn. Drove the night toward my home, the place that I was born, on the lakeside. As daylight broke, I saw the earth. The trees had burned down to the ground. Don't give up, you still have us. Don't give up, we don't need much of anything. Don't give up 'cause somewhere there's a place where we belong.
Rest your head, you worry too much. It's going to be alright. When times get rough, you can fall back on us. Don't give up, please don't give up. 'Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore. Going to stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below. Whatever may come and whatever may go that river's flowing that river's flowing.
Moved on to another town. Tried hard to settle down. Ror every job, so many men, so many men no-one needs. Don't give up, 'cause you have friends. Don't give up, you're not the only one. Don't give up, no reason to be ashamed. Don't give up, you still have us. Don't give up, now we're proud of who you are. Don't give up, you know it's never been easy. Don't give up, 'cause I believe there's the a place. There's a place where we belong.

En esta tierra orgullosa en la que crecimos fuertes, desde el principio nos falta de todo. Me enseñaron a luchar, me enseñaron a ganar. Nunca pensé que pudiera fracasar. No abandoné ninguna lucha o eso me parece. Soy un hombre que carece de sueños. He cambiado mi rostro, he cambiado mi nombre, pero nadie te quiere cuando pierdes. No te rindas, porqué tienes amigos. No te rindas, porqué aún no te han derrotado. No te rindas, sé que puedes hacerlo bien.
Aunque pensé que lo había visto todo, nunca pensé que me afectaría. Creí que seríamos los últimos en partir. Es tan extraño la forma cómo cambian las cosas. Conduje toda la noche hacia mi hogar, el lugar dónde nací, a la orilla del lago. Mientras rompía el alba, miré a la Tierra. Los árboles yacían quemados en el suelo. No te rindas, aún nos tienes. No te rindas, no necesitamos mucho . No te rindas, porqué en alguna parte hay un lugar al que pertenecemos.
Descansa tu cabeza, te preocupas demasiado. Las cosas se arreglarán. Cuando los tiempos sean difíciles, puedes recurrir a nosotros. No te rindas, Por favor no te rindas. Tengo que irme de aquí, ya no aguanto más. Me puse en pie sobre aquel puente manteniendo mi mirada hacia abajo. Venga lo que venga y pase lo que pase el río seguirà fluyendo, el río seguirà fluyendo.
Me mudé a otra ciudad. Trabajé duro para establecerme. Demasiados hombres para cada empleo, demasiados hombres que nadie necesita. No te rindas, porqué tienes amigos. No te rindas, no eres el único. No te rindas, no hay razón para avergonzarse. No te rindas, aún nos tienes. No te rindas, ahora estamos orgullosos de quien eres. No te rindas, sabes que nunca ha sido fácil. No te rindas, porqué creo que hay un lugar. Hay un lugar al que pertenecemos.


(ESCOLTA-LA)

2 comentaris:

nyam ha dit...

Siguem justos.També,quantes vegades hem necessitat suport o afecte i no hem estat capaços de dir a un amic que ens hagués anat bé passar una estona amb ell?Només hi ha una manera de constatar una amistat i no és fent-nos preguntes que quedin a l'aire, sinó precisament practicant l'amistat.
Don't give up 'cause somewhere there's a place where we belong.

Kasei Green ha dit...

Pot ser que tinguis raó. S'ha de mirar cas per cas.